Re: [g-a-devel] GNOME Launches Campaign for Accessibility

Bill:

On 12/25/11 12:11 AM, Bill Cox wrote:
Since you bring it up, let's talk about it.  There has not been a
single accessibility bug reported by the community that was closed by
the GTK+ team in two years.  The calender doesn't talk, and neither do
most images, regardless of the dedication of the original programmer.
I submit but reports with patches to GTK+, and I am among many who are
ignored.  Shall we get into specific bug reports still outstanding?
Shall we compare them to outstanding projects like Orca?

It would be very useful to put together a report of critical
outstanding accessibility bugs.  While there are clearly many issues
with GTK+, there are also serious issues in other areas to consider
(such as in the CORBA->D-Bus conversion).  Raising awareness of
particular serious issues as the FoG accessibility campaign is starting
is helpful.

Brian