Re: Using Gnome 3 with Orca

On 02/19/2012 02:47 PM, Petra Ritter wrote:
Hello,

Is there a tutorial how to use Gnome 3 with Orca?

Not yet, but we plan to do that. Meanwhile you could use the general guide GNOME Shell guide [1]

Is Gnome 3 with orka working or have I to use the fallback desktop?

Orca react with GNOME 3, but unfortunately there are still a lot of gaps there, and fallback seems the best option right now. Anyway, work are in progress. During last weeks I have been providing some extra patches, and hopefully some of them will be integrated on the next GNOME release (GNOME 3.4). You can see a list of bugs here [2]

I'm like to try out gnome 3 just to see wether I like it.

If you decide to test GNOME 3, any feedback will be welcome. I have been solving some bugs these days, but there is a possibility of missing some of them.

Best regards

[1] http://library.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/shell-introduction.html.en
[2] http://tinyurl.com/77md5t9

--