Re: Gnome 3 Accessible Distro Development

On 02/12/2012 07:46 AM, Nagappan Alagappan wrote:
Hi Arky,

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Arky <hitmanarky gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I am helping few friends to start an accessible gnome3 distribution project. The new project will be very similar to Vinux.

 Which version of debian/ubuntu release you suggest we use for this project.

Can this be useful ?

Sorry, but  not. I really encourage to not use that distro as a base for any other distribution.

That distro was just a variation of the GNOME tryit distro. The target intended were developers, and to be used temporaly. As at the first releases of GNOME3 had some problems, and in some cases were related with the integration of the final packages. That distro allowed to introduce and test quickly new releases of a package. And the accessibility team decided to stop to use it, and move the effort to get the things working upstream and on the major distribution. Last spin was created several months ago.

So, in summary:
  * It is not a distro targetted for users.
  * It is not updated.
  * It is not longer maintained.

BR

--