any test-to-speech readers for firfox 9? or 9+?

i'm looking for something that will read to me whatever i
mouse-swipe.  prior to the newest firefox this was pretty
straightforward, but since i've crossed that line, nope.

i do have some voices; "David" is one.  the data is stored in
~/Cepstral_David_x86-64-linux_5.1.0/.  now what? like everybody else,
my eyesight is slowly declining with age, but it is more some strange
degree of comprehension with reading and reading+listening.  i get
vastly more out of a piece while being read-to than by
reading-with-eyes.

i've searched firefox's add-on's [or whatever] and haven't found
very much that isn't as clear a mud.

can anybody onlist help me?

tx in advance,

gary kline