Re: Enable accessibility team to automatically receive bugmail on a11y bug reports

Em Mon, 2012-07-30 às 15:19 +0200, Andre Klapper escreveu:
> Currently accessibility (a11y) bug reports in random modules/products
> can only be found by querying for the "accessibility" keyword.
>
> Bugzilla does not allow "binding" an email address to a certain keyword
> to automaticall create bugmail whenever a specific keyword is added.
>
> Having accessibility enabled by default since GNOME 3.5, the GNOME a11y
> team expressed interest in better notification of a11y bug reports.
>
> My proposal is similar to how most user documentation bug reports are
> handled currently (though this is not totally consistent yet either) and
> affects many projects using Bugzilla (hence CC'ing d-d-l).
<snip explanations>

Turns out that the design team has the same problem, mostly for a number
of core components (shell, gtk+, control-center...), using the ui-review
keyword.

Using a specific product would be really inconvenient for developers,
and context destroying in most cases.

How about having a script that would query bugs:
- with the a11y keyword
- that don't have the magic a11y maint alias on CC:
and adds the maintainer alias for all those

That would avoid the churn and data loss from moving the bug to another
component, and allow more flexibility.

Adding an accessibility component to gnome-control-center would just
create more confusion (we already have "universal access"), and wouldn't
allow us to carry on categorising bugs per panel. It's a no-no from me.

Cheers