Re: Zoom function in Ubuntu 11.10

Hi Aurelian.

> Does Gnome still use gnome-mag + Orca or are there newer (and better)
> alternatives?

gnome-mag is long gone. There is gnome-shell mag which does not yet do
the focus and cursor tracking on its own (although that will hopefully
change going into GNOME 3.4). In the meantime, Orca helps gnome-shell
mag display the correct region and object. In addition:

>  I know KDE doesn't have a good magnifier and Compiz Enhanced Zoom
> (the best and most stable magnifier, IMHO) doesn't follow text
> insertion,

This is being worked on presently and, as I understand it, should become
available in the not-too-distant future. Stay tuned for additional
details on this front.

Take care.
--joanie