I will end this rambling on, and I do apologize for the long message. I just wanted to make it know that, at least in my life, the hard work put into GNOME has made a tremendous difference. It is something which I try my best not to take for granted.

If I can help with anything (I wish that I could help financially, but I can hardly afford to take care of my family) please feel free to contact me on- or off-list, whichever is most efficient and proper.

Thanks for everything which all of you do to make GNOME work.

On 11/28/2011 02:25 PM, Juanjo Marín wrote:
----- Mensaje original -----

De: Dave Neary<dneary gnome org>
Para: marketing-list gnome org
On 11/28/2011 08:04 PM, Karen Sandler wrote:
   jjmarin and I are working on this text to promote the FoG campaign we hope
   to launch next week. How can we improve it? Also, do you like "Make
2012
   the year of accessibility for GNOME" as a short tagline?
I hate to say it, but I'm not sure if Accessibility as an abstract concept
will sell.

Do we have some examples of GNOME users whose lives were made measurably better
because of the a11y work we've done? Show-cases work wonders.

   With your help we can start tackling those goals. Let's kickstart 2012
as
   the Year of Accessibility at GNOME and make the most usable desktop
   environment the most accessible desktop environment!
Do we have any specific improvements (and the reasons why they're important
- or the people for whom they're important) to point to?

Hi,

I think is worth to crossposting the following message from the marketing list to
the accessibility list to get some feedback from users about how useful the accessibilty features of GNOME are in their lives and why it is important
for them to keep working on this.

Basically, there are a lot of accessibility tasks to be done in several areas. There
are features to be implemented, for example, the gnome-shell Magnifier track focus and caret, and more obscure issues in the platform, like peformance Improvements which are important for getting a snapier user experience, just to name a couple of
them. There are many tasks in the accessibilty roadmap [1] haven't been done yet
because a lack of resources.

Cheers,

    -- Juanjo Marin

[1] Two year 2010-2012 accessibilty roadmap. https://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/Roadmap