Re: [orca-list] Need help for 'Navigation issues at desktop level'

From: leena chourey <leenagour gmail com>

> While exploring screen reader for desktop navigation issues, some queries
> are required to answered by potential users. Some of you may feel these are
> basic questions and everyone should know. Then also I request you all,
> please reply following queries, so that further exploration will get right
> direction
>
>    - Desktop is the first GUI screen after booting process. It gives easy &
>    direct graphical interface to view and access frequently used items quickly.
>    But what is the significant of Desktop for a visually impaired
> person?B'coz as I think GUI is nothing for vision impaired person, but
> still
>    Desktop can give easy & direct graphical interface to view and access
>    frequently used items. Mean user need not to open file manager-> desktop
>    directory to locate an item.

One of the purposes of the screen reader is provide a significance to
the desktop to vision impaired people. As you say, the desktop allow a
user to quickly access elements on the computer. With the screen
reader the user can use it.

>    - If yes, What all other uses of Desktop for blind user?

As I said, the idea of a screen reader is that a blind user could use
a Desktop like any other user.

>    - And what operation (like traversing/searching) are required on desktop
>    items?

I don't understand that question. But if you are asking about what
built-in feature is required on the desktop items to traverse/search
it, one of the most importants is keyboard navigation.

BR

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)