Announce. SITPLUS version 1.0
- From: Cesar Mauri <cesar crea-si com>
- To: gnome-accessibility-list gnome org
- Subject: Announce. SITPLUS version 1.0
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 21:22:43 +0200
(Apologies for cross postings)
What is SITPLUS?
SITPLUS is a free software (released under the GNU GPL license)
framework whose main goal is to provide ludic-therapeutic activities for
people with disabilities. It offers new forms of interaction based on
computer vision, voice and other peripherals to produce a result in the
form of image and sound. Inspired by the cause and effect applications,
SITPLUS provides a tool for continuous and remote interaction,
attainable to the majority of people with cognitive, sensory and
Thanks to two grants given by the puntCAT Foundation and Caixa Tarragona
(Tu Ajudes 2010) to the Associació Provincial de Paràlisi Cerebral
(APPC) de Tarragona, the SITPLUS project has made a great jump forward
in providing a new set of features among which we highlight:
- New graphical engine which can be adapted with custom artwork (the
current version ships with several image banks and activities).
- Support for Wii Remote controllers.
- Major redesign of the application to make it more modular, versatile
- Compatible with GNU/Linux and Windows.
A new video which describes the project goals and shows some of the new
features is available at (with English subtitles):
Where can I get it?
For more information and downloads:
Cesar Mauri – Project leader and developer.
Mabel Garcia – Testing with users at APPC.
Lidia Porcar and Jordi Martorell – Artwork design and video.
Jordi Duch, Marcos Alba and Jaume Singla – Graphical engine development
at Universitat Rovira I Virgili (URV).
Work partially supported by:
- Fundació puntCat. Obra Social.
- Caixa Tarragona. TuAjudes.
César Mauri Loba
cesar crea-si com
CREA Sistemes Informàtics
] [Thread Prev