Announcing Orca v3.1.4, v3.1.4-xdesktop, and v3.0.4
- From: Alejandro Leiva <aleiva emergya es>
- To: gnome-accessibility-list gnome org
- Cc: Orca-list gnome org
- Subject: Announcing Orca v3.1.4, v3.1.4-xdesktop, and v3.0.4
- Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:47:09 +0200
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader
that provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification.
You can read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* Which Version Should I Use?
If you are using GNOME 3:
* Orca v3.1.4 is the latest unstable version of Orca.
* Orca v3.0.4 is the latest stable version of Orca.
If you are NOT using GNOME 3:
* Orca-xdesktop v.3.1.4 is an alternative unstable version of Orca,
the goal of which is to provide the latest fixes and features
without requiring users to upgrade to the latest version of GNOME.
This version is likely to not work as expected in GNOME 3.x.
* What's Changed?
* Fix for bug #654111 - Need to map 'gtk' to GAIL toolkit script
* Fix for bug #634460 - Could orca provide date/time information
within the debug files?
* Fix for bug #654210 - Orca sometimes fails to present the default
button in a dialog
* Fix for bug #654321 - Orca's debug utility reports the toolkit
version as 'unknown'
* Fix for bug #654426 - The speech generator's _generateAncestors()
method needs to handle page tabs which do not implement AtkText
* Fix for bug #654789 - Orca is not localizing key sequences when
presenting them to the user
* Fix for bug #654795 - Need to improve Orca's speech presentation
of WebKitGtk access keys
* Fix for bug #654796 - Orca is not respecting the 'only speak
displayed text' setting with rolename presentation in WebKitGtk
* Updating gtk-demo regression and general tests
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
cs Czech Marek Černocký
es Spanish Jorge González
lt Lithuanian Aurimas Černius
sl Slovenian Matej Urbančič
ug Uyghur Sahran
* Where can I get it ?
The Orca Team
] [Thread Prev