Re: Testing A11y

 Hi Penelope,

I'm working on the AEGIS accessibility testing framework which will add some accessibility tests to the mago framework and execute these tests in a tinderbox (e.g. build.gnome.org or we will have a Solaris tinderbox). The tests are designed to be cross platform and rely on correct implementation of atspi/pyatspi interface rather than on distro specific high level interface testing. I've just pushed an update which adds event driven testing using mago XML file such as:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<suite name="a11y generic application">
<classpath>a11y</classpath>
<class>a11yGenericTestSuite.A11yGenericApplicationTestSuite</class>
<description>
Registers test functions which will be invoked when certain events occur
</description>
<case name="Register Listener">
<method>register_event_listener</method>
<description>Register for window create events</description>
<args>
<event_name>window:activate</event_name>
<function>cb_check_labels</function>
</args>
</case>
</suite>

It's at an early stage of development and so far I'm the only one working on it but its getting to a point where I'd like more people to use it, log bugs, contribute, critique...

You can find the current code here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~brian-nitz/+junk/a11ytesting