file archiving in gnome

Hi Folks,

Might any of you be willing to explain to me how I would go about using zip archiving in linux windows?

I am needing to unzip zip files that are actual directories, and I am needing to maintain the directory structure. If I just put my cursor on the file in the "places" minue within the target or working folder, my system wants to play the files, but I do not.

Thanks so much in advance.

Riv

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/