Re: modified webcam software for visually impaired

Hi Eitan,
I am not sure if I did all correctly but.... I installed frei0r-filter
(first I googled a little to find out what is it)  from Ubuntu
repository, but when I tried the supplied command, I got this output:

petra HP550:/home/psychopetra/Plocha$ gst-launch-0.10 autovideosrc !
ffmpegcolorspace ! frei0r-filter-bw0r !
ERROR: Could not load classifier cascade
/usr/share/opencv/haarcascades/haarcascade_frontalface_alt2.xml
ERROR: Could not load classifier cascade
/usr/share/opencv/haarcascades/haarcascade_frontalface_alt2.xml
VAROVÁNÍ: chybná roura: propojení bez elementu spotřebiče
petra HP550:/home/psychopetra/Plocha$

It is in Czech - the last but one row means something like "Warning:
incorrect pipe: connection without device element

I tried to install python-opencv, but I again got this:

E: yaml-mode: podproces instalovaný post-installation skript vrátil
chybový status 1
(subprocess installed post-installation skrict returned error status 1)

Helios

Vinux 3.0 (Ubuntu Lucid, Kernel 2.6.32-27-generic), Gnome 2.30.2,
HP550 laptop: Intel Celeron, 1GB ram, Intel graphics

--
S pozdravem

Helios