Re: Build a speech generating device

Hi,

On Sat, 2011-07-30 at 14:22 +0200, Frederik Elwert wrote:
> [...]
>
>       * Caribou, as the future GNOME virtual keyboard of choice. There
>         was effort to integrate presage as a prediction engine, but I am
>         not sure about the state of this effort.

The integration of Presage was to make it an input method.
It was a proof of concept and I am no longer working on it but if there
is interest maybe people could resurrect it (I don't know yet if I'll
have time to do it myself). It might be interesting not only for a11y
but also for touch devices.

Probably you've read it already but here are a couple of posts where I
talked about it:
http://www.joaquimrocha.com/2010/04/05/caribou-and-text-predictor-input-mode/
http://www.joaquimrocha.com/2010/03/03/text-prediction-on-gnome/

Please let me know if you'll need advice on how to use it.

--
Joaquim Rocha