Fwd: Gnome3 and Vinux: Interaction is needed

I'm merging this email into the vinux mailing lists.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Javier Hernández Antúnez <jhernandez emergya es>
Date: 2011/4/28
Subject: Re: Gnome3 and Vinux: Interaction is needed
To: Gnome Accessibility List <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>

Hi all!

Note that I am moving desktop-devel-list into the BCC field and replacing it with the gnome-accessibility-list since the chief complaint here seems to be a testing tool created by our team for our team.

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 21:48 -0400, Super Bisquit wrote:
> The testing CD is not easily accessible for the blind.

This is a known issue I’m afraid. That is why we’ve included ‘accessible installer’ on our to-do list. Unfortunately, we just have not had the time to get to that yet. if someone from your community has expertise in writing accessible installers, we would love to have such a contribution. In the meantime, what I am planning on doing for the next spin of the distro is cause Orca to be launched automatically. People who do not need Orca can always quit it. :-) This should make the A11y Team’s testing tool more accessible to users. Would this address your immediate concerns?

> Where? google groups: vinux users and developers.

Alternatively, would it be possible for you to join us on #a11y channel in GimpNet and/or on the gnome-accessibility-list where we do our work and planning? We’re a small team working with a number of downstreams, and while we want to actively participate in each of those communities, it is not always practical.

> You need their input, they need your applications, and both can help
> out the other.

Agreed! Let’s continue this discussion.

Thanks!

--