Re: Working on a11y-docs for GNOME Women

Hi Aline, and welcome!

> My name is Aline and I've been using GNOME since 2006 almost
> exclusively. This year, I decided to submit an application for working
> on the Documentation Project through GNOME Women. Considering some of
> the tasks, I decided to write a project for helping in a11y developers
> guide documentation.

Awesome! And your timing couldn't be better. A number of us have been
lamenting the current state of our docs. It's even on our roadmap [1].
And after a chat with Piñeiro the other day, I added the issue to the
agenda for our next meeting [2]. Because we have had at least one other
inquiry from prospective Women's Outreach candidates, I have just added
the program to our agenda as well. Are you available at 14:30 UTC
Thursday?

> The accessibility task grabbed my attention because I do believe that
> this issue should get more popular in applications.

You are preaching to the proverbial choir. :-)

Thank you so much for your interest! We look forward to chatting more
with you at the meeting, if you are available, and also in #a11y (on
irc.gnome.org) where we typically hang out.

Take care.
--joanie

[1] https://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/Roadmap#Increased_and_Improved_User_and_Developer_Documentation
[2] https://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/Meetings