problem compiling at-spi under Fedora Core 13

I'm trying to rejoin the bleeding edge on my new FC13 system following
the instructions on http://live.gnome.org/Orca/DownloadInstall
I'm installing into /usr/local to avoid clobbering the versions in /usr

gnome-common configures and installs fine as does atk
when it comes to at-spi I first have to link a couple of m4 files from
/usr/local/share/aclocal into /usr/share/aclocal before aclocal will
find them. Early attempts to run autogen.sh don't work so I follow
instructions on modifying configure.in and Makefile.am.  Finally I get
stuck.  Here is the output from autogen.sh:
checking for autoconf >= 2.53...
  testing autoconf2.50... not found.
  testing autoconf... found 2.65
checking for automake >= 1.9...
  testing automake-1.11... found 1.11.1
checking for libtool >= 1.4.3...
  testing libtoolize... found 2.2.6b
checking for glib-gettext >= 2.2.0...
  testing glib-gettextize... found 2.24.1
checking for intltool >= 0.25...
  testing intltoolize... found 0.41.1
checking for pkg-config >= 0.14.0...
  testing pkg-config... found 0.23
checking for gtk-doc >= 1.0...
  testing gtkdocize... found 1.14
Checking for required M4 macros...
Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
Processing ./configure.in
Running libtoolize...
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
libtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
Running glib-gettextize... Ignore non-fatal messages.
Copying file mkinstalldirs
Copying file po/Makefile.in.in

Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

Running intltoolize...
Running gtkdocize...
Running aclocal-1.11...
configure.in:53: warning: macro `AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2' not found in library
Running autoconf...
configure.in:53: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2
      See the Autoconf documentation.
Most of the files in the list
codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4  progtest.m4
-- I've already copied to the m4 subdirectory of the compilation area
but
isc-posix.m4 doesn't show up with "locate" or "yum provides".

Obviously lots of people do this so I must have missed something
somewhere ... anyone have an idea what?
Thanks in advance
Peter

I HAVE MOVED. Note new contact details:
Peter Rayner
room 330
School of Earth Sciences, University of Melbourne, 3010, Vic, Australia
tel: work: +61 (0)3 8344 9708; fax: +61 (0)3 8344 7761
mobile +61 402 752 379
mail-to: prayner unimelb edu au