Re: Macro application for Gnome

I've been discussing this with a talented developer off-list and he's suggested that this might well be a project for the keyboard stack in the Kernel.  My idea mimics the Hotkey app so that is the direction I was hoping to go.  Remembering that this app would be for the end user, I was hoping we could gui it to that end, but again, I am a layman so I don't know the ramifications or difficulty level of this project.  In that Linux is more of a modular DE and Windows is, well...Windows, their apps work across the DE and into Word and other addon apps.  Finding a way for it to encompass the entire system might be a problem...unless of course the keyboard kernel driver was written.

There is no sense in reinventing the wheel and Macaroon looks like it could be adapted to work.

Anyway, your input is important to me as I would like to pursue this possibility.

"A child's exposure to technology should never be predicated on the ability to afford it."