Re: Opportunity to Contribute to GNOME Accessibility: Orca Performance Improvements

On 1 November 2010 20:10, Joanmarie Diggs <joanied gnome org> wrote:
> I'm stripping off the other lists.

Thanks

>> What do you see as the criteria for being on this page? We might be
>> able to move some items from
>> http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/GetInvolved/SmallTasks
>>
>> or expand on those there, especially for Caribou.
>
> The SmallTasks page looks like it could use some updating.

Yes it's getting stale now, it was initially done for the
Project:Possibility SS12 and CSUN.

> 2. I think that any task we identify as an "opportunity" -- be it a paid
> one or a volunteer one, a big one or a small one -- should be better
> defined. (e.g. along the lines of the Orca Performance Improvement
> Work). Without a specific set of objectives associated with the broader
> goal, and without a "go to" person, it can be hard to get involved.

Quite.

For the more substantial tasks I propose we think about writing a
read-me or press release as the 'spec'. it really helps focus the
requirements generation, gives a good intro to prospectives and help
focus everyone on the goal.

http://tom.preston-werner.com/2010/08/23/readme-driven-development.html
http://www.quora.com/What-is-Amazons-approach-to-product-development-and-product-management

Steve