Re: VEDICS Speech Assistant

El 21 de mayo de 2010 11:01, bharat joshi <bharatjoshi1 gmail com> escribió:
Hi,

Ya we know about GVC, and we have tried it also.
You can say VEDICS is a super set of GVC.
Some of the key features of VEDICS are

  1. Accuracy is much better as we use SPHINX-4.
  2. File System Navigation - >Navigating files and folders is very easy.
  3. Recognizes any thing- > Vedics is dynamic, in the sense it generates words and its pronunciation dynamically.For example, if we take a simple command like "run text editor", the front end changes as editor opens. Vedics generates a new list of words from the front end and produces its pronunciation and grammar files. This makes Vedics recognize any word. It can even recognize junk words like "hsjft"
  4. We can pause and start VEDICS through voice using "stop listening" and "start listening" command.  In gvc, people had to use mouse to do it. You can also quit Vedics through voice.
  5. Works perfectly on Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.04.
  6. Can access any element including checkbox, radio button, links, lists etc....
  7. Popup menus like the one that opens on right click are also accessible.

I'm fascinating with the power of feature 3, it can generates pronun&grammar on-the-fly and context-based?
I suppose you mean that Vedics can recognize any word but in english languages, isn't? What about other languages?
Do we need a text/voice corpous to feed and training it in other languages?

And about feature 5, did you have some precompiled binaries or even debian packages for testing? I can't find in sourceforge any other thing than the svn repo.

Cheers!