2010/05/20 #a11y meeting summary

Brief summary of the meeting, feel free to create any individual
thread about the topics. Sorry if I miss something, but as I said,
this is a *brief* summary:

OUTREACH MEETING

  * Attended by SJ, slee, stormy, and Bryen
  * Identified a number of areas we need to grow in.  Evangelism,
    formalizing the structure for student internship programs, and
    funding to pay for the above.

AEGIS Conference:

  * Bryen pointed out Peter Korn idea about a GNOME Hackfest on the
    AEGIS Conference, similar to the CSUN one.
  * Some people started to point out interesting points to talk there:
     * prlw1: non-python dbus related things, XINPUT2
     * Steve Lee: Caribou
     * etc
  * In the end Joan Marie Diggs pointed GNOME 3.0, so in summary:

    "Not saying what we did in the past wasn't important; merely that
    AEGIS is happening 2 weeks after the 3.0 release, which seems like
    a good time to sit down and solve actual, concrete problems while
    we're all in the same room"

  * And the conclusion was given by Bryen:

    "let's start planning on discussing the hackfest over the next
    month (June) so we can identify what our needs are and what
    resources we have available to make it happen"

HFOSS

  * The primary mentor for HFOSS is out due personal reasons.
  * There isn't too much time to coordinate it.
  * This means that we now have neither a mentor, nor a proposal that
    will work well. Proposals are required.
  * During a brief brainstorming:
     * Bryen said that final proposal was Mousetrap.
     * Steve Lee asked about Caribou. dpellicer said
     * prlw1 suggested a game mode for dasher
     * ryan22 suggested: enchant or aspell could be to support the "dyslexic spell checker"
     * Steve Lee pointed main links:
          May 20 17:46:54 <slee>	http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/GetInvolved/SmallTasks
          May 20 17:47:05 <slee>	http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/GetInvolved
          May 20 17:47:43 <slee>	and if you have lots of time
          May 20 17:47:45 <slee>	https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=accessibility;query_format=advanced;keywords_type=allwords;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;bug_status=NEEDINFO
     * Joanie suggested to look from the non-a11y side of things
        * Bryen pointed that this is a goal for the NSF project
     * prlw1: scanning interface

BR

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)