Re: Single-click mode for all Gnome apps

On 14 May 2010 06:37, Joanmarie Diggs <joanmarie diggs gmail com> wrote:
> Hi again.
>
> Dotan, first I should apologize. Your message came in while I was trying
> to undo something I'd done which completely and utterly hosed my gdm. I
> should have either not answered or I should've made more time. My saying
> this:
>
>> In order to try it, it appears I would need to install mousetweaks, and
>> I'm working on something else at the moment. Sorry!
>
> Was uncool. I'm really sorry.

N, that's  fine Joanie! I really appreciate your help and your time

> So I just made some time. :-) Turns out secondary click ain't what I
> thought it was. It's a right click. But, w.r.t. this:
>
>> However, there's also Dwell Click with a bunch of options, beginning
>> with 'Initiate click when stopping pointer movement'.
>
> I just gave this a try. What worked for me is to set a slight delay.
> Then I didn't even have to click once: Simply move the mouse pointer
> over the thing I wanted to double click on and poof, it opened.
>
> Perhaps that will help you accomplish what you need??

I really do not like the hover-to-active interface idea. I thought
that it was a great idea when I saw it in KDE's alternative main menu
Lancelot, however, it is horribly unnatural in practice.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com