Re: moving on to other projects

Ben thank you for starting Caribou and all your energy in developing
it. It already provides a much needed direction forward from the
current 'state of stuck' that GOK is in.

I do understand your feelings about the lack of users, it is very hard
to be motivated without them. There is something of a catch 22 here in
that users of alt input often want a finished product, but we want
users to help develop it. Caribou is now at a good level of maturity
to begin to break the Mexican stand-off.

As a community our challenge is to find ways to attract and engage
those users who want to be part of the solution. CSUN &
Project:Possibility was a good start as they helped raise the GNOME
and Caribou profile with the user population. So how can we build on
that? Well there are various initiatives like RtF, AEGIS, OATSoft and
others in the pipeline which are championing inclusive open
development (or open innovation), but it's slow work when many of the
open source players are spread thinly with little funding.

Good luck and as Eitan says we hope to see you back.

Steve