Re: Python and accessibility question

From: Tom Masterson <kd7cyu yahoo com>

> So I am looking at a python program which uses gtk.  Where can I find
> information on waht needs to be done to make it accessible?  Currently
> it isn't.

If you are using Gtk widgets you should have the basic GTK
accessibility support on your application.

Be sure that you have activated the accessibility support on your
system (at-spi running, GTK_MODULES with the proper value, and so on).

In ubuntu you configure it in System->Preferences->Assistive Technologies

Some links of your interest:

http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility
http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/GetInvolved/QuickStart
http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/SmokeTesting