Re: [orca-list] RFP - Guadalinex a11y edition

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 08:38:56AM EST, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Bill Cox, le Thu 10 Jun 2010 13:39:06 -0400, a écrit :
> > However, if at-spi-registryd isn't already running, then starting Orca
> > wont work -
>
> Can't at-spi-registryd be run along Orca when the shortcut is pressed?

No, because the gail/atk GTK modules need to have already been loaded for applications to be accessible. I.e if you log into a session, run at-spi-registryd and then run Orca, the only applications that will be accessible are those run after at-spi-registryd was launched.

What is needed, is a way to signal all existing applications using GTK to retroactively load the atk/gail GTK modules.

Luke