Re: [orca-list] RFP - Guadalinex a11y edition

On 06/10/2010 03:35 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
I'll just take this example.

Michael Whapples, le Thu 10 Jun 2010 15:24:51 +0100, a écrit :
Like wise, an icon to start Braille seems a little pointless
as how would a blind user visually find the icon (OK, may be a partially
sighted Braille user, but if they knew of the shortcut would they just press
the keys).
But what about a sighted user (who knows not much about accessibility)
who introduces another non-sighted user to Linux ? It'd still be good
to have a simple clear icon to enable braille: "oh, there's braille
support, let's try".
Oh, how do I enable it by myself in the future? OK, I am possibly arguing the point. I see logic in what you say and it was something I tried to mention is if a mode is removed then it must be explored well. I guess the other argument for not having the icon is to protect against the reason we have orca main window enabled by default, protect against curiosity (Braille may be is a poor example here, but you possibly want to protect against where user interaction is altered).

Michael Whapples

It's probably simpler to just have the same lists, and not try to
exclude anything just because we can't imagine a scenario. We might just
lack imagination, you know :)

Samuel