Re: An Open Letter to Oracle on the Topic Of Accessibility

Samuel Thibault <samuel thibault ens-lyon org> wrote:
> Halim Sahin, le Tue 23 Feb 2010 10:29:55 +0100, a écrit :
> > Most of the reported problems are pulseaudio related since 2 years :-(.
>
> Did they get reported on the Orca bug tracker, or on the pulseaudio bug
> tracker?

As a further question, did anybody ever identify the causes? Judging by
reports on the Orca list, the problem seemed to be timing-related,
specifically, increased latency of speech output when PulseAudio was used.

I haven't investigated any further as I never found a good reason to install
PulseAudio: Alsa is satisfying my needs well without any intermediate layer
between it and audio applications.