Re: GNOME 2.30: go stable or go cutting edge?

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 11:54:19AM PST, Willie Walker wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> GNOME 2.30 is coming out on the Ides of March (March 15).  I have one main question for you: do you want it to be stable or do you want it to have more cutting edge stuff?  This question is predicated on the assumption that GNOME 2.30 is the last of the GNOME 2 releases and GNOME 3 is coming out this fall.  It also assumes that we will resolve the harder problems we currently have with AT-SPI/D-Bus very soon.

Ubuntu Lucid ships with GNOME 2.30, we are keeping CORBA around, since we still use evolution 2.28 for one. So from an LTS distro and a11y maintainer POV, I would prefer GNOME 2.30 remains accessibility enabled and aims for stability. The First one or two releases of Ubuntu after this LTS will likely have crack of the day content, which will be a good testing ground for GNOME3/accessibility bug squashing.

Luke