Re: Meeting Minutes Published - November 11, 2010

Not that I'm particularly well informed here, but having e-mail
chatted with the NVDA guys about porting to Linux, and the Orca guys
about porting to windows, and after reading a bit of the code and
e-mail on the dev lists...

Porting Orca to Windows or NVDA to Linux just isn't going to happen.
It's not bad design on either team's part, it's just way too hard to
do.  That said, there's some sense in borrowing good ideas from each
other.

It turns out that both Orca and NVDA have an intense amount of code
devoted to working around crud that doesn't work right in the rest of
the system.  Accessibility is low priority for almost all the apps the
screen reader has to work with, so making it work with gum and tape in
the screen reader is often how it's done.

Bill