ANNOUNCE: at-spi2 0.3.90 released
- From: Mike Gorse <mgorse alum wpi edu>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gnome-accessibility-list gnome org, kde-accessibility kde org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: at-spi2 0.3.90 released
- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:40:25 -0400 (EDT)
AT-SPI2 0.3.90 is now available for download at:
A list of work required before the full release can be found at:
What's changed in AT-SPI2 0.3.6
* FDO#29427: Registering for mouse:abs now works.
* Add methods/signals to allow an application to track the events that are
being listened to to avoid unnecessarily emitting signals.
* FDO#29365: Stop using a deprecated glib function.
* Caching fixes--GetItems was completely broken in v0.3.6, and fixed a
possible crash when it is called.
* Only emit signals when AT-SPI clients are listening for them.
* Have registerEventListener an deregisterEventListener notify the registry,
as is now needed.
* Avoid raising an event multiple times if EVENT_TREE is used to register for
What is AT-SPI2
AT-SPI2 is a D-Bus based accessibility framework. It defines a D-Bus
protocol for providing and accessing application accessibility
information. The project includes a library for bridging the D-Bus
protocol to the ATK API, allowing Gtk based applications to be made
accessible. It also contains a client (AT) side library in Python.
Where can I get more information about AT-SPI2
The project wiki is available at:
A page detailing the project plan can be found at:
How can I contribute to AT-SPI2?
We are actively seeking contributors to help us make this the standard
a11y framework for Gnome. We need help testing with Gnome accessibility
technologies, improving performance, and generally tying up loose ends.
The above-referenced page contains a list of known issues that should be
IRC : #a11y on Gimpnet
E-Mail: accessibility-atspi lists linux-foundation org
Development repositories can be found at:
] [Thread Prev