Re: at-spi-registryd and Xephyr

From: "Quiring, Sam" <Sam Quiring windriver com>

> I can see that at-spi-registryd is running:
>
>      > ps aux | grep -i registry
>      user      3176  0.0  0.8  14512  4336 ?        S    Sep23   0:19
> /usr/lib/at-spi/at-spi-registryd
>

> Is the at-spi-registryd connected/related to an X Display?  Or to the
> window manager?

AFAIK, the at-spi-registryd is related to the specific X Display, so
try to execute the at-spi-registryd using your specific
DISPLAY. Probably this at-spi-registry that you are using is your
desktop one, and using the default DISPLAY.

Ie: working with Maemo (HAIL), and the scratchbox, I usually run the
Xephyr display in this way:

    Xephyr :2 <a lot of other options>

And then, inside the scratchbox terminal, I have defined the display
as:
   export DISPLAY=:2

Then I launch by hand a script to launch the window manager and so on.

And about the window manager, if you want that the at-spi-registryd
manages this process as well, you need to be sure to run the
at-spi-registryd before the WM (in this script it launch the
at-spi-registryd before the WM).

> Is there a known way to make this work?

I hope this helps.

> PS: if it matters, the Xephyr window is using a custom window manager
> (not Xfwm4, not Metacity).

In theory, this shouldn't be a issue.

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)