Re: Using the Java ATK Wrapper with Orca

Hi Paul,

It seems that Java cannot find the libatk-wrapper.so.
How did you configure Java ATK Wrapper? Was the so file installed into the path where Java can find?

Regards,

Ke

Paul Hunt wrote:
Hi list,

I've just started a programming course in Java and we're getting onto building UI's with swing.

I am using Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) and the latest version of Orca (2.28) for accessibility.

I know that either the Java access bridge or the Java ATK wrapper is required for screen reader accessibility so I have installed the ATK wrapper (as the access bridge is being deprecated).

I installed it from its git repo but when I try to run a simple demonstration program (one that runs without the ATK wrapper, albeit inaccessibly) I get the following error output;

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no atk-wrapper in java.library.path
    at org.GNOME.Accessibility.AtkWrapper.<clinit>(AtkWrapper.java:45)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    at java.awt.Toolkit.loadAssistiveTechnologies(Toolkit.java:771)
    at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:859)
    at java.awt.Window.getToolkit(Window.java:1167)
    at java.awt.Window.init(Window.java:394)
    at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:432)
    at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:403)
    at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:368)
    at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(JFrame.java:163)
    at FlowButtons1.<init>(FlowButtons1.java:13)
    at FlowButtons1.main(FlowButtons1.java:48)

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Paul