Re: Carrying over ATs from GDM to GNOME session (brainstorm)

Agreed. We have a mishmash of settings and config files across multiple areas, so I believe some hardcoding of stuff would probably be necessary (and perhaps brittle).

Just one additional thought on this -- a mantra I live by for Orca is to let the user requirements drive the architecture rather than the other way around.

So, I agree we should always strive to keep things clean from a code/architecture perspective while we work to provide a compelling experience for users. But, all things being equal, I think the user experience is more important than architectural onanism.

I also don't think we can just close our eyes and pretend to be blind, or pretend we have limited mobility or pretend to be hard of hearing. We really need to engage end users for help on what they would perceive as a good experience. So, we're discussing this in a good spot (gnome-accessibility-list) and I'm encouraging end users to speak up with their thoughts.

Will