CAIL: Clutter Accessibility Implementation Library

Hi

During the first months of the year, Igalia has been working on the accessibility
support for Clutter, funded by Nokia.

The last weeks we were trying to coordinate how to release it, so I would like to
thanks Rodrigo Novo and Quim Gil, in this task.

In the same way, I would like to thank Emmanuel Bassi to the interest he showed in
this library, although he is busy enough with the work for the imminent Clutter-1.0.

Using the same scheme for GAIL and HAIL, this library is called CAIL, Clutter
Accessibility Implementation Library.

At this moment the library is really in his beginnings. It is small, and there are
a lot of things to implement yet, but it works, and allows to expose the different
Clutter objects to a AT application. But, it is just this moment the best one to
start to get feedback from other people, specially from gnome accessibility guys,
when we have a working library, but not a huge amount of code really hard to
understand in a whole.

So my real interest here is start to get feedback from the clutter guys, and
specially, from the a11y guys. The original orientation and purpose of the library
were have the enough support for basic automatic testing, so a lot of missing
functionality is still required for a normal use, and some implementation decisions
are really debatable. So yes, I'm asking for a lot of critical comments.

CAIL was started using Clutter-0.8 in mind (as was the stable release). So there
is a cail-0.8 branch, but the master branch compiles against clutter-0.9, although
the only work in this aspect was basically remove the support for ClutterLabel
and ClutterCloneTexture.

There are more details in my blog post [1], but specially in a TODO file included
with the source.

Currently the code is in a public Igalia git repository. There are plans to move
it to clutter git in the future, but meanwhile we will try to improve this library.

So to get the code:
   git clone http://git.igalia.com/cail.git

Best regards

[1] http://blogs.igalia.com/apinheiro/2009/05/11/cail-clutter-accessibility-implementation-library/