[Fwd: [oats-sig] New assistive technology open source project. eViacam]

Uhm... Flavio?  Thoughts?

--- Begin Message ---
Hi guys,

My name is Cesar Mauri. Since 2003 I'm working with machine vision and
alternative computer access close to the people of the Cerebral Palsy
Association in Tarragona (Spain). I've just launched an open
source project called Enable Viacam (eViacam) based on the former
commercial application Facial Mouse.

http://viacam.org

eViacam is a mouse replacement software that moves the pointer as you move
your head. It works on standard PCs equipped with a web camera. No
additional hardware is required. I.e. it enables computer access for
people with severe disabilities with good head control.

eViacam is in production/stable stage. Inherits most code from the
commercial version which has been successfully tested with handicapped
people with ALS, cerebral palsy, tetraplegia among others.

eViacam is released under GNU/GPL license and works under Windows
2000/XP/Vista and Linux.

César