Re: Accessibility project ideas

I have project ideas here, for anyone, not only Project:Possiiblity. From my point of view it's better to put the ideas in the public space so anyone can take them.
http://accessgarage.wordpress.com/2008/09/11/bite-size-projects-for-open-web-a11y/

On the Gnome side there are 2 pages:
1. http://www.gnome.org/projects/outreach/a11y/tasks/
2. http://live.gnome.org/AccessibilityProjects
This second one should be updated to be current, it has some old info:
* The DAISY project is underway via a Mozilla grant to Bookshare.org. It's being done as a Firefox extension. * High quality OCR -- Tesseract is pretty good as far as I understand, but some effort should go into improving that. It would help the WebVisum project if it did a better job with images from the web. * Braille -- I think formatting is still a problem, but at least the translation engine exists. I don't recall the name -- what is Orca using?
* Firefox & Web accessibility -- basically done but continuing to improve

- Aaron

Steve Lee wrote:
Project:Possibility are looking for accessibility project ideas to let
students loose on.

http://eduspaces.net/stevelee/weblog/448589.html