A11Y IRC Meeting Minutes 200800908

Attendees: WillieWalker, doffm, suseROCKS, Tim Miao, Li, JeffCai

doffm described the current status of dbus migration

- atk-bridge is mostly finished. (ready for developer testing) StreamableContent interface is not. - pyatspi doesn't have any of the DeviceEvent stuff working, nor does registry daemon.
- We can test it first without DeviceEvent and keyborard events.
- registry daemon will be finished in couple of weeks. But currently you have to set an environment variable.
- doffm will send out a mail to tell us how to test the a11y dbus stuff.

WillieWalker introduced something that would happen in GNOME Boston

- Play around with AT-SPI/D-Bus, get an idea of where we are and help doffm, robtaylor, mgorse with potential prioritiation of work - Get our friends from RedHat (mccann and halfline_) to talk about the new gdm and where it's at with accessibility. Give them feedback on where changes might be needed.
- Potential updates on GOPA tasks, assuming some people will be there.
- Review of where GOPA is and try to figure out how to get people to sign up for more.
- Look at outreach/marketing/etc. and how we can improve.
- You can add some thoughts to http://live.gnome.org/Boston2008/AccessibilitySummit and GNOME a11y goals for the coming year.

Jeff