Fwd: [Boston-voice-users] November 11 Meeting Announcement

FYI -- note the comment on "the installation, training and use of DNS10 Preferred running on Linux through the WINE emulator." I won't be able to attend. If someone else goes, though, please let us know how it works.

Will

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj harvee org>
Date: November 5, 2008 4:06:03 PM EST
To: Boston-voice-users lists harvee org
Subject: [Boston-voice-users] November 11 Meeting Announcement

A quick reminder- our regular meeting is next week:

When: Tuesday, November 11, 2008, 7:30 pm
Where: MIT, Room 2-135
(directions below)
Topic: Linux-Capable Speech Recognition Update

Susan Cragin will demonstrate the installation, training
and use of DNS10 Preferred running on Linux through the WINE
emulator. She will also give a speed / accuracy
demonstration for text input, using UbuntuStudio (Intrepid).
Cragin is a DNS10 application maintainer for WINE. Currently
she is responsible for testing DNS10P using daily WINE gits.

Cragin also attended the NVRA (National VoiceWriters
Association) conference this year in Savannah, Georgia. She
comment briefly on that conference, and will discuss the
future of DNS10 as a court-reporting tool.

Boston Voice Users meets at MIT from 7:30 p.m. until
approximately 9:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each
month.