pointer grabbing issue and 2 possible solutions

Hello,

As you might know, it is not possible to enter the password into the policykit authentication dialog with an onscreen keyboard, because the dialog grabs the pointer and the clicks do not get to the onscreen keyboard as long as the grab lasts.

So I asked on the xorg mailing list whether it could make sense to deprecate the pointer grabs. [1] From the replies I got, it seems not to be possible.

However, two ideas have been proposed that could solve the problem:
1. Adding priorities to the grabbing system or
2. It should be not to difficult to solve with a Multi-Pointer X Server.
Both ideas can be found for example in the post referenced by [2].

Any comments are welcomed.

Cheers

Francesco

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-April/034945.html