Re: Dasher

On 19/03/2008, Bryen <suseROCKS bryen com> wrote:
> Is Dasher a useful tool that is still needed as part of a distro's
>  default install?

It may seem rather obscure or strange but for some with physical
disabilities it greatly eases text input as it requires only minimal
gestures and vision.

I don't know what the criteria are for default install but Dasher
addresses mobility a11y so if Orca is a default I think Dasher should
be.as well. It's also a chance to demonstrate innovation and
leadership in the a11y field which I feel is good for GNOME and
Linux..

Is there any way we can get an idea of numbers of users? We could ping
the dasher team but they might be a little biased ;-)

--
Steve Lee