Fwd: Proposed module: conduit

Lots of module proposals coming in. We should make sure we look at them for accessibility. Here's one for 'conduit'. Has anyone taken a look at it yet? The usual applies: 1) honoring theming, 2) keyboard traversal, 3) access via Orca, etc.

Will

Begin forwarded message:

From: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
Date: July 27, 2008 6:32:12 PM EDT
To: desktop-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Proposed module: conduit

Homepage: http://www.conduit-project.org
svn/git/bzr/...: http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/conduit/
Proposal on d-d-l: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2008-March/msg00320.html
License: ??? (GPLv2 or later?)

Short description:
==================
Conduit is a synchronization architecture for the GNOME desktop. It
provides an intuitive GUI for synchronizing things and a DBus interface
for external applications to do the same.

Requires new external dependencies:
===================================
goocanvas, pygoocanvas, python 2.5

Summary so far:
===============
+ use the GNOME infrastructure
+ a few releases since the proposal
+ good integration with popular GNOME applications by providing
synchronization of the data
+ people generally like conduit, but are not happy with the UI
+ accessibility support seemed to be missing
+ gnome-keyring support was to be added back (had been taken out
because of a crash)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.