GNOME A11y: where do we need to improve? (Want input by 25-Jan)

Hi All:

One of the most important things for us to do right now is identify where we need to improve. This may result in positive things such as funding opportunities and the like.

Over the coming week, please set aside some time to look at http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/GetInvolved. It contains a large list of stuff to do, but it represents a pretty complete list of things people have mentioned over the past few years.

What I'd like you to do is look at the page with these things in mind:

1) If there is something missing from the list, please make a suggestion. I'm looking for concrete ideas. Things such as "we need to do more for people with hearing disabilities" are less likely to get addressed than specific tasks such as "develop close captioning software for x, y, z." On the same front, something like "Be more researchy" is more of a section where specific research and advanced development topics should live.

2) If you were someone who suggested one of the ideas, please help fill out the details. You obviously mentioned it because you thought it was important, so please make sure it is represented well on the page.

3) Look at the list. What are the top 5 to 10 things that need doing on the list, including stuff you may have added? Write your top choices down. Send them to me.

3) Think about where you may be able to step up and help and your availability.

As a result of this exercise, I hope to be able to make the list of tasks more complete and better defined. In addition, we should also be able to come away with some top areas/tasks that we agree we need to focus on as a community.

Please do this by next Friday (25-Jan). This is your opportunity to influence where things go, and I'm really hoping the get some response on this.

Thanks!

Will