Re: gnome-speech, and audio output, moving forward.

> Since Ubuntu is still looking at improving the desktop audio
> stack, likely to be
> pulseaudio, I think we really need to get speech output sorted out.

Hello,

Just as example: under OpenMoko, the sound server is also PulseAudio, it
provides the sound mixing capability instead of the Alsa dmix (and many
other features).

In principle, an Alsa based solution might automatically call the
pulseAudio plugin.

For efficiency, such an application might call directly the PulseAudio API
(could concern for example eSpeak, Speech-Dispatcher or a new Gnome-Speech
structure).

Gilles

--
Oralux.org http://association.oralux.org