Re: [Usability] Mousetweaks usability discussion

On 1 Nov 2007, at 12:32, Kirk Bridger wrote:

My thoughts are does it matter what widget I'm interacting with when I see a cursor? If I see a text-related cursor, it should either blink or not. The mouse cursor here doesn't count obviously - is there another name for it than cursor to distinguish between the text and mouse cursor?

I've always preferred to call the mouse cursor the "mouse pointer" to avoid this sort of confusion, even though it doesn't always look like a pointer. But I guess we have to go with what the GDSG says here (or change it in all our docs...)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team