Re: openoffice and nvda

Hello,
On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 04:04:45PM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> nvda is an open source windows screen reader again that like thunder
> screen reader and window-eyes does not work with openoffice.  This might
> be an opportunity for openoffice to expand its one trick pony status for
> screen reader accessibility since nvda is like openoffice also open
> source.
IMHO, this is more the NVDA fact than openoffice fact: OpenOffice can be
interfaced with the Java Access Bridge so NVDA only needs to interface
with JAB to access lots of Java app. Moreover , NVDA could start from
the Orca OoO script. But I'm not sure this is the place to talk about
this since NVDA is not part of the Gnome Suite.

> Maybe if accessibility does prove possible a user base of screen
> reader users running personal computers at home they bought with their own
> dollars could be developed since they wouldn't have paid for jfw.  The
> next computer I buy will be a Mac Mini for several reasons two of which
> are jfw pricing model and window-eyes pricing model.
Did you send an email to the NVDA author, and/or subscribed to the OoO
dev mailing-list: They will better answer to your questions that I
actually can.
HTH,
Yannick