dropline gnome questions

I managed to get dropline gnome latest version installed on my computer and it offers orca and this is the orca for accessibility too. Is speech-tools and festival still the way to go for a server and if so does anyone know the current versions? Last one I have closely available is 1.2.96 and all of it didn't compile well over here. There were lots of broken links so I suspect the building pckages ran into disk space shortages and kept on going.