Re: Need Help for Solaris Packages !!!

Hi Jatinder,

Solaris 10 comes with gnome-speech. You should find it in /usr/bin. Solaris 10 ships with GNOME 2.6 (which itself includes gnome-speech), and with the FreeTTS text to speech engine. Also in /usr/bin should be the program test-speech, which will exercise the text-to-speech engines on your system. If you want to use the Festival TTS engine, you will need to build that yourself (though perhaps packages are available already for you

Solaris 9 does not include GNOME at all (let alone gnome-speech). It may not make sense to test software that wants to use gnome-speech (and the rest of the gnome accessibility framework) without a GNOME desktop. That is, unless you are also testing to make sure that those aspects of the software fail gracefully in the absence of GNOME. But in that case, you should then already have everything you need!

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Hi All,

I am working on Solaris 9 and Solaris 10. I am looking for Solaris Packages GNOME –Speech and Festival. On internet I could not find the place from where I can download these packages. At some places I could find the source but I am unable to build it.

Could you please let me know the place, location or any repository from where I can download these packages ? I need these packages urgently as I need to test my product on top of this.

Thanks,

Jatinder.