FC-6-i386-livecd

I''ve downloaded it and burnt the cd. When I get to the short beep for login I used root and didn't use anything for a password. typing orca -t in a gnome-terminal after that the cd needs a speech synthesizer selected both have diphone as part of their titles and come up speaking on the sound card but apparently I can't actually enter either 1 or 2 since it never gets beyondd that point. Is this one of those distros where gnome-speech has to be used as an actual command before orca -t?