Re: compiling espeak against portaudio v19

On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 09:08:20PM EST, Bram Duvigneau wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just setup Ubuntu 7.04 on my amd64 desktop. I would like to compile
> espeak against portaudio version 19 to get espeak going with alsa, so I
> could use multiple sounds at the same time. So, I installed
> libportaudio2 and portaudio19-dev from the ubuntu repositories. But when
> I get the espeak source with apt-get and do a dpkg-buildpackage, I'm
> getting some errors.

You aren't doing anything wrong. PortAudio v19 needs a different header
file to be used, as its API is different. To resolve this, go into
espeak-1.21/src, and copy the portaudio19.h file to portaudio.h:

cp portaudio19.h portaudio.h

I would also suggest you make another slight alteration, to ensure that
your modified package doesn't get clobbered whenever you install any
updates.

From the same place as where you run the command to build the package.
Run this command:

dch -i

You will then be in a text editor, called nano. Simply press control O
to save the changes, and control X to exit.

Then rebuild the package.

Hope this helps.
--
Luke Yelavich