Re: selecting text in a gnome terminal
- From: Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM>
- To: Samuel Thibault <samuel thibault ens-lyon org>
- Cc: Keith Watson <Kwatson smed yi org>, gnome-accessibility-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: selecting text in a gnome terminal
- Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 11:40:37 -0400
I'm still unclear on how this will work. gnome-terminal will still be
sending Orca events via the AT-SPI, and Orca will be attempting to
update the braille display as a result. Does some sort of magic happen
at the BrlAPI/BrlTTY layer to prevent the Orca updates from happening?
On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 17:34 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Willie Walker, le Thu 07 Sep 2006 11:30:08 -0400, a �it :
> > Will the BrlTTY solution outlined below work well when an assistive
> > technology (e.g., Orca) has taken control of the braille display for the
> > GUI desktop?
> > Will
> Yes: when started after orca, brltty will only take control of the
> braille display when the keyboard focus is on a textual or terminal
> widget. Of course, orca navigation braille shortcuts will then be
> disabled, and "usual" navigation keyboard shortcuts will be needed for
> changing to another widget.
] [Thread Prev